Sunday, June 27, 2010

New Mexico To Atlanta

Leaving New Mexico behind, I headed for Atlanta and my friend Annie, but first I had to return to Madrid and Cerillos. Remember the museum I told you about and my grandfather’s elixir bottle I found tucked away on a shelf? Well, I just happened to have one of the posters in my car and I though this delightful place should have one. So, off  Mr Bear and I go to delightful Cerillos to deliver my poster and take Mary copies of pictures Al and I had taken with her and of her.


Surprise . . . I love surprises!! Yes, cowboys are still in the southwest. Meet cowboy Bill. Cowboy Bill was living in Michigan and decided he’s had it with winter. His daughter had moved to New Mexico, and gave glowing reports of the beautiful area. Bill needed a change so he decided to move. The funny thing, he didn’t have a car, only a horse. So dear Cowboy Bill decided to load up a pack horse, bring his two dogs (one was a puppy who got to ride most of the way) and ride his horse from Michigan to Los Cerillos, NM in the winter!! His stories are so funny. He does admit to receiving a few stares, especially when hitching his horse outside of Wal-Mart store, and a few odd comments, but admits, the enter trip was fun and he made many friend. My friends, even though this sounds like a real adventure, I promise I won’t try it, at least for now!!

Leaving Madrid next stop Albuquerque to visit my friend, Trey. Trey is the Reverend of La Mesa Presbyterian Church.What a fun visit we had. While he worked, I will admit to house hunting and finding the cutest adobe house. It was  perfect, except for one really BIG problem . . . no closets! It did have the best-est porch. Just like out of the Old Western TV shows. I think it was wide enough to be called a veranda. Enveloping the entire house. I loved it! Promise, I didn’t buy it, didn’t even make an offer. Later in the day I decided I needed another adventure. - The Sandia Aerial Tramway! The Sandia Tram is the world’s longest tramway. At an elevation of 10,378 feet, the peak has an 11,000 square mile panoramic view. The view at sunset is incredible. You can see forever and a day. With 25 miles of slopes and trails for skiing, hiking and biking, the tram rider can experience the rugged and otherwise inaccessible rock escarpment of the west face of the Sandias.

Bye to New Mexico -  I'll be back - Promise!!

Mr Bear and I are off again knowing I cannot drive straight on to Georgia without visiting my cousin Patti in Little Rock, Arkansas.  Also, my friend Ronnie, who is my running/marathon partner and lives in Topsfield, MA, wants to move to Hot Springs Village, so Patti and I decided Hot Springs  needed a visit. While there we ended up going to a street fair purchasing fresh veggies, fruit and a few flowers because they were so pretty and the scent delicious. We had so much fun!

Leaving Little Rock, I was finally Georgia bound, I thought! While chatting away with my friend Valerie, who lives in Sherman, Maine, I discovered she hasd a cousin in Birmingham, Alabama. Since I have never been to Birmingham, and Valerie’s cousin answered her phone. Why not lunch? Now this was suppose to be a 20 minute lunch. But, NO! Ginger took me to Jim N Nicks. This 2½ hour lunch of consisted of the best Southern Barbeque and the most delicious, scumpous, delightful desert. You have to just love Southern Barbeque. I am sad to leave, but my waistline insists!

Goodbye Ginger,I'll be back!! Off to Atlanta and I made it by night fall, exhausted but received great news -the books had made it through the Panama Canal and are going up the coast!! All is well except the gushing oil well in the Gulf. Ginger just admited oil was coming ashore and everyone was so nervous, worried, and scared of what was potentially going to happen.

Visiting my friend Annie is always so fun. She lives in a condo with the best neighbors and group of friends. She and her friend, Lavern, play Scrabble at least once a week, and if I ask “nicely” they allow me to play. Annie is great at Marketing. She is my Marketing Guru. Any out there need marketing, call Annie!

Wait a minute, Florida is calling and I must go visit Rick and check out the housing marketing in the West Palm Beach area. Besides, he just got a new Hot Tube and I want to try it out. Off to Florida for Mr Bear!